2.2.1. In-Process monitoring
Safety supervision of the hydraulic structures of PJSC RusHydro
An effective safety control and reliability of assets in operation are achieved through double monitoring system: internal – at the account of in-process monitoring for the compliance with industrial and professional safety at hazardous production facilities, and external – by state supervisory bodies.
The Company’s internal HS safety monitoring system is supportive towards HS safety state supervision and shall interact with federal executive bodies that perform state monitoring (supervision). Monitoring system includes:
- permanent control of hydraulic structures in construction and in operation to assess and reveal their technical condition;
- compliance control related to standards and rules in terms of hydraulic structure operation, construction and decommissioning;
- timely detection and elimination of damages and emergency situations;
arrangement of scheduled preventive repair and overhaul;
- timely submission of safety declarations for hydraulic structures to state monitoring (supervisory) bodies.
Mechanisms that ensure operation and safety reliability of the facilities are:
- quality control at the engineering and construction stage,
- external regulatory supervision,
- internal production control,
- standards and operating procedures (sectorial and corporate),
technical policy and technical management system.
Industrial control of compliance with the rules of industrial safety is necessary for accident-free operation of the power facilities.
A significant impact on the quality of production and technological complexes, especially, the prolongation of the service life and accident-free exploitation of the operating assets, is provided by the organization of timely maintenance, scheduled repair work, modernization of equipment, buildings, facilities and power plants communications.
Since 2014, the Regulations for industrial control over compliance with industrial safety requirements at hazardous production facilities have been developed and are being applied at all branches of PJSC RusHydro.
There are no deviations in relation to industrial safety requirements for the reporting period. In 2016, the Privolzhsk Administration of Rostekhnadzor issued an order with five measures to Cheboksarskaya HPP. All measures are implemented.