ENERGY EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENT
One of the main goals in the development of the energy sector of the Far East is energy saving and energy efficiency improvement.
Total output of energy amounted to 34,602.3 kWh, and energy transmission losses – 10.4 % of total volume (3,604.7 kWh).
In order to enhance quality and efficiency of business activities, the Policy of energy saving and energy efficiency improvement of RAO ES of the East was adopted in 2015 by PJSC RAO ES of the East. In 2016, 12 subsidiary companies of PJSC RAO ES of the East joined this Policy following the relevant decisions by the Boards of Directors. Consolidated Energy Saving and Energy Efficiency Improvement Program of RAO ES of the East for 2017-2021was developed and adopted (decree No.116 of 30.08.2016).
Energy saving and energy efficiency improvement activities are carried out as part of the adopted programs: investment, repair, reliability improvement and production performance programs, local energy optimization programs, electric and heat energy recovery programs, programs for installation and renovation of metering systems at company facilities and consumers, etc. In order to execute the assigned tasks, Holding implements projects in energy saving automation and introduction of the energy management system.
The Holding’s Technical Policy is aimed at improving industrial efficiency and energy resource saving, which can be achieved by installing up-to-date technologies, developing effective modes of equipment loading, and a more complete use of energy sources with a more cost-saving equipment after its reconstruction and modernisation.
The main areas of energy efficiency improvement in the Holding are:
- conversion of the main generating facilities to gas (if possible);
- use of up-to-date gas turbine units and CCGT units;
- modernisation and construction of new capacities with up-to-date technologies.
Moreover, construction and expansion of power generation facilities as part of the investment programs will enable the Holding’s companies to save sufficient amount of fuel and energy resources.
Average efficiency of energy production of TPPs by energy source and control mode
KEY ACTIVITIES IN THE FIELD OF ENERGY SAVING IN 2016
One of the main challenges confronting the Holding is the equipment’s depreciation and obsolescence, which leads to low efficiency. Thus, specific consumption of the equivalent fuel of Maya TPP amounts to 798.8 g/kWh; of the Sakhalinskaya TPP – 570.3 g/kWh, while an up-to-date standard of the specific consumption for effective generation amounts to 298 g/kWh. Therefore, among key activities for improving energy efficiency of RAO ES of the East in 2016, there were:
- reconstruction of generating equipment (turbine units, boiler units, auxiliary equipment)
- reconstruction of boiler plants (including replacement of boilers),
- comprehensive renovation of equipment at heat supply stations;
- renovation of conduits using efficient heat insulation;
- modernisation and repair of equipment resources during planned maintenance;
- substitution of capacities of inefficient generation facilities in operation by means of construction and reconstruction of DPP, construction of stand-alone solar power plants;
The other activities for energy saving include:
- introduction of an Automated Technological Process Control System
- replacement of wires at overloaded power lines with heavy-gauge wires, replacement of OHLs with self-supporting insulated wires;
- replacement of underloaded and overloaded transformers;
- installation of commercial metering devices of thermal and electric energy
- modernisation and deployment of automated information-measuring system of commercial electricity metering.
In 2016, the costs related to the activities in accordance with approved programs of energy saving and energy efficiency improvement of the PJSC RAO ES of the East enterprises amounted to 1,065.3 million rubles.
Economic effect from the activities’ implementation in terms of programs of energy saving and energy efficiency improvement amounted to 358 million rubles.