5.3.1.Charity and sponsorship activities of PJSC RusHydro
In 2016, Board of Directors of the Group approved the Policy of charity and sponsorship activities of PJSC RusHydro. It contains information about the goals and priority areas of charity and sponsorship activities of the Group, decision-making process concerning financing different projects, etc.
Every year PJSC RusHydro develops the annual Charity and Sponsorship Program and submits it to the Board of Directors for review and approval. It contains information about activities supported, the amount of money allocated on each project and the total funds allocated on charitable and sponsorship activities.
The goals of RusHydro’s charitable activities are the following:
- Systematic realization of social programmes, support, low-income citizens, culture, sport and education system.
- Forming the Company’s image as a sociable responsible company, centre not only economic, but also social life.
In it charity and sponsorship activity, RusHydro strives to shift from one-off donations to comprehensive social responsibility and follows the principles of transparency, targeted nature and effectiveness of funds allocated. PJSC RusHydro does not support commercial organizations, organizations and representatives of legislative, judicial and executive authorities, political parties and movements.
Priority areas of charity and sponsorship activity of PJSC RusHydro are the following:
- assistance to labour veterans and honoured workers of energy sector;
- assistance to low-income categories of citizens, the disabled, and pensioners;
- assistance to children’s organizations and institutions;
- assistance to medical institutions and health care organizations;
- promotion of socio-economic development of the Far East and Baikal regions;
- promotion of restoration of Russian historical and architectural monuments;
- development of institutions of education and science
- support of sports organisations.
In 2016, the total amount of funds spent on the implementation of the Charity Program amounted to 363.7 million rubles, including 315.9 million rubles through the executive bodies.
In 2015-2016 the total amount of funds spent on charity significantly decreased, due to one-time support of Hockey Club «Dinamo» (500 million rubles) in 2014. In that way, RusHydro participated in the state program of hockey development, including support of youth sports and training of coaches.
Main charitable programmes of the Company are integrated in Federal Long-term programme «Clean Energy», aimed at forming favourable social conditions in all regions of HPPs operation, and to build up conditions for social adaptation, development and education of youth.